Favorite Tutorials

Sunday, March 11, 2018

What I have been up to

Well, first about three weeks ago my neighbor came over with a box, hum  and said you sew.  (me) thinking to myself not really, but asked anyway what do you have. He showed me what he wanted done, he had ribbon, some bar pins, and some O rings.   oh and could I get them done by March. At first he only had a few, so I made a couple examples for him. He said great, I'll order more supplies.  last Tuesday the O rings finally came in. I made about 55 of them for his Charity Event.

Next,  My niece purchased her first home, so I asked what was her color scheme, I was told French County Chic.  Cream, gray and beige  so I was looking through Craftsy and found this kit.
Carpenter's Star in High Society fabric
just have the inner border and corner stones to go.  there is enough fabric left over maybe some pillows too.


third, just making some bright blocks to take away the winter blues.



and finally, picked out the fabric for the new granddaughter, who will be here March 22, I saw a pattern on Pieced Brain's blog that she uploaded to Crazy mom quilts, Finish it up Fridays link.  It is in the publication Quilter's World, I will be making the English Garden pattern. It was quilts to make in a day.
Thanks Denise. So that is the plan for today.
as always thanks for stopping by,  anna

3 comments:

  1. You are a good neighbor, aunt, quilter, and grandmother. LOVE that Carpenter's Star that you are making!! I recently finished a tiny one and would like to make a larger one like your niece's quilt. I'll be looking forward to seeing what comes of those bright blocks to chase away the winter blues. Happy quilting!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much. the carpenter's star went together fast. love your groups Thomas Fire relief quilt. a blue and white quilt is on my list.

      Delete
  2. I enjoyed seeing all of your projects, but especially love the bright 25 patch blocks! They will make a fun, scrappy quilt!

    ReplyDelete